- Will my training sessions be private?
- Will I sign a contract?
- Do you offer free sessions?
- What should I look for in a personal trainer?
- Why should I use a FITlife trainer?
- Will my FITlife trainer build a customized plan for me?
- How do I get started with FITlife?
- Can I work with a personal trainer if I have a limited budget?
- Does FITlife offer anything in addition to personal training services?
Yes, you will be working out with your FITLife personal trainer one-on-one. However, some clients choose to work with an exercise partner for motivation and/or reduce the cost of individual training. Our clients can also choose to participate in a wide variety of FITlife classes and boot camps.
No. You may purchase your sessions as needed without a long-term obligation, however, purchasing your training in packages will provide the least expensive cost per session. Click here for more information on personal training pricing. There are no refunds for purchased training sessions, but there is also no expiration date on the ones you have purchased.
We are happy to do free initial consultations over the phone or via email at email@example.com. Contact us with information about your goals or any questions you would like to discuss. Assuming you would like to proceed, we will schedule a fitness assessment appointment at your convenience.
We also provide a free session every time you refer someone to FITlife and they become a client and for your birthday! We offer regular discounts and specials to our clients to make sure they know how much we appreciate them.
- Qualifications:Certification is a must. The only way you can be assured of a safe and effective training experience is to verify certification. And, not just any certification will do. You want a personal trainer who has been certified by a nationally recognized organization like ISSA, ACE, ACSM, or NESTA. Certification is more than a piece of paper. For example, to qualify for certification, a personal trainer has to pass an intensive three-and-a-half hour consisting of a 175-question exam that covers exercise science, programming knowledge, anatomy, kinesiology, health screening, basic nutrition, and instructional methods. All FITLife personal trainers are certified, most are degreed in exercise, and many have a Masters Degree in a qualifying area.
- References:Don’t hesitate to ask prospective personal trainers for references. Request names and phone numbers of their clients with goals similar to yours. Call to see if they were pleased with their workouts, if the trainer was punctual and prepared, and if they felt their individual needs were addressed. The best personal trainer to hire is the one others give high marks to. We have hundreds of testimonials and references for your review.
- Insurance:Make sure your intended trainer has liability insurance and provides you with any business policies in writing. Many personal trainers operate as independent contractors and are not employees of a fitness facility. If that is the direction you go, make sure they carry professional liability insurance on their own. A reputable personal trainer should also make you aware of their cancellation policy and billing procedure. The best way to avoid confusion and to protect your rights is to have those policies in writing. Every FITLife personal trainer is covered with liability insurance.
- Attention to Medical Concerns:A personal trainer should always have you fill out a health history questionnaire to determine your needs or limitations. If you have a medical condition or a past injury, a personal trainer should design a session that takes these issues into account. If you’re under a doctor’s care, a personal trainer should discuss any exercise concerns with your doctor and ask for a health screening or release from your doctor. The FITlife MicroFIT assessment takes in account your physical concerns and medical history as well as your current goals.
- Rates:Find out what the trainer charges. Rates vary depending on the trainer’s experience and the length and location of the workout session. Make sure you define your budget for personal training, buy don’t base your selection process solely on price. In many cases, you do get what you pay for and this investment is too important to your future to compromise. Not everyone has the same amount to spend on personal training, so find a trainer who offers several alternatives, packages, or classes in an attempt to accommodate varying budgets. All FITlife pricing is on our web site. You may choose between individual, partner, or group sessions in our private studio and many other options. There is something for everyone.
- Personal Style:Your relationship with a personal trainer is professional, but it’s personal too. Make sure you get a sense for the personal style of your training candidates to confirm that you will enjoy your experience as well as meet your fitness goals. What about the trainer’s gender? Some people do better working with a trainer of the same sex; others prefer the opposite sex. The personal trainer you select should motivate you by positive, not negative, reinforcement. Even more importantly, that trainer should be someone you like. Equally as important, the business model of your trainer should offer enough training options to fit conveniently into your life and schedule, plus accommodate changes as they arise. FITlife has 8 trainers on staff with great depth and breadth of experience, but varying styles as well. We guarantee there is a perfect match for you.
- Longevity:How long has the trainer or training company you are looking into been in business? If they are a relatively new trainer or group of trainers, ask for verification of the programs they claim to offer. If a trainer is new, you may be at risk due to inexperience. FITlife has been providing personal training services since 1984. We have 25 years of solid, proven success and are the most sought after professionals in the Kentuckiana region.Back to top
FITLife Personal Training originated in Louisville and has grown to be the most sought after source of fitness and nutrition programs in this area. We are home to 8 professional fitness experts, all of whom are nationally certified as personal trainers and hold a wide variety of fitness specialty certifications. Because of our professional depth and personal diversification, we can guarantee you’ll be partnered with the perfect trainer for your needs physically, emotionally, and socially. FITlife is all about experience you can trust and relationships you’ll enjoy:
FITLife Personal Training is the most experienced professional fitness company in Louisville and Southern Indiana
We have over 25 years of outstanding client service in the personal training industry;
Our professionals consistently design exercise and nutrition programs proven to provide 95% accuracy in attainable results; and
With FITlife, you get up to 80% better results than going it alone
We wouldn’t have it any other way. Included in your initial consultation is our MicroFIT Evaluation, a $15,000 computer-driven process that assesses your fitness level based on 10 Key Indicators. These Indicators play a pivotal role in the development of customized training programs for each individual client. In addition to MicroFIT results, you will receive a body type analysis to determine how your specific metabolism works. Different body types and/or combination body types respond well to certain kinds of exercise that are not beneficial to other body types. Our goal at FITlife is to provide training that will not only produce results, but achieve them in the most efficient, effective manner possible. The FITlife “Train for Results” program is a detailed individual goals program designed by our professional trainers and nutritionist based on conclusions drawn from your initial consultation and MicroFIT Evaluation results. This highly personalized program becomes the foundation for your entire training process.
Call us with for a free phone consultation with questions, concerns, goals, and needs. Next, comes an appointment at your convenience for a personal fitness and nutrition assessment, followed by an introduction to your personal trainer based on assessment results.
Taking care of your health is of great importance, but not at the sacrifice of your financial peace of mind. FITlife has created a variety of training session packages to provide reduced session pricing. We also have partner sessions to help lower the overall cost of training. Classes and Boot Camps are typically very effective and the most affordable fitness investment.
Absolutely. We want to have a positive influence of every aspect of your health. Our full line of services/products inlcudes: MicroFIT Body Composition & Strength Assessments, Custom Metabolic Analysis, Exclusive “Train for Results” Program Management, Nutrition Planning, Boot Camps, Yoga, Geriatric Fitness, FITlife Kids, Athletic & Sports Performance Training, Executive & Corporate Wellness, Medical Fitness Therapy, Body Integration Massage Therapy, and FITlife Cuisine.
Start Your FITLife!
Call 502.499.4949 or Contact Us